This product is Coming Soon! We estimate its arrival in September 2017.
Coverage Foundations are full-coverage formulations available in a comprehensive shade range across 21 shades. These foundations contain higher pigment levels than the Serum Foundations but still offer a smooth finish that avoids the heavy makeup look that can make skin appear more aged. The texture is that of a lightweight, non-oily cream.
The pigments used in these formulations are treated for a rich, highly-saturated effect. The pigments are suspended in a proprietary spreadability system that allows pigments to look natural on the skin, resist collecting within fine lines and stay on for longer. The foundations offer a semi-matte finish and are compatible with most primers and are designed to work exceptionally well with the primers offered by The Ordinary.
The unique suspension system used in the formulations allows shades to look so natural on skin that three shades or more will suit most skin tones. The shades can also be mixed at the time of application if desired.
Coverage Foundations sold in the European Union offer an SPF 15 claim. This protection is achieved without the use of chemical sunscreens and only through physical protection from Titanium Dioxide. Additionally, no nano-particles are used to achieve this sun protection. These attributes are unique in foundations because it is exceptionally difficult to create a natural, lightweight look and consistent shades when using only non-nano forms of Titanium Dioxide for sun protection without any chemical sunscreen agents.
Please note that the formulations are and will be the same in all markets but the packaging will claim SPF 15 only in the European Union while regulatory processes for claiming SPF in other markets are carried out individually.
- The shades are divided into three categories: 1 for fair to lighter tones, 2 for medium tones; and 3 for darker tones.
- Each category is then classified further by a second digit from 0 to 3 to indicate depth within each category.
- Finally, a letter is added to the shade code to identify the undertone: P (Pink) and R (Red) indicate cool undertones for lighter and darker shades respectively; N indicates a Neutral tone; Y indicates a Yellow undertone. Each shade code has a descriptive name as well. For example, 1.2P is Light with Pink Undertones while 3.0Y is Medium Dark with Yellow Undertones.
- Three of the shades have an additional letter at the end: S indicates Silver highlights and G indicates Gold highlights; these shades use natural-looking and exceptionally fine dispersions of metallic effect pigments for added highlight.
- 1.0 N - Very Fair Neutral
- 1.0 NS - Very Fair Neutral
- 1.0 P - Very Fair Pink Undertones
- 1.1 N - Fair Neutral
- 1.1 P - Fair, Pink Undertones
- 1.2 N - Light Neutral
- 1.2 P - Light, Pink Undertones
- 1.2 Y - Light, Yellow Undertones
- 1.2 YG - Light, Yellow Undertones
- 2.0 N - Light Medium Neutral
- 2.0 P - Light Medium, Pink Undertones
- 2.0 YG - Light Medium, Yellow Undertones
- 2.1 P - Medium, Pink Undertones
- 2.1 Y - Medium, Yellow Undertones
- 3.0 R - Medium Dark, Red Undertones
- 3.0 Y - Medium Dark, Yellow Undertones
- 3.1 R - Dark, Red Undertones
- 3.1 Y - Dark, Yellow Undertones
- 3.2 N - Deep Neutral
- 3.2 R - Deep, Red Undertones
- 3.3 N - Very Deep Neutral
- Shake before use. Dispense a small amount into the palm or the back of your hand. Smooth on and blend throughout the face, ideally outward from the midpoint of the face.
Aqua (Water), Coconut Alkanes, Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Caprylyl Methicone, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Glycerin, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Coco Caprylate/Caprate, Cetyl Diglyceryl Tris(Trimethylsiloxy)silylethyl Dimethicone, Sucrose Laurate, Dipropylene Glycol, Polysilicone-11, Tocopherol, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Polyglyceryl-3 Polyricinoleate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Hectorite, Dimethicone/ Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, Dimethyl Isosorbide, Sodium Chloride, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin. May Contain [+/-]: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Tin Oxide, Aluminum Hydroxide, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Mica, Triethoxycaprylylsilane.
Alcohol-free, oil-free, nut-free, vegan, gluten-free, soy-free, cruelty-free
FREE SHIPPING ON ALL AUSTRALIAN ORDERS
Express delivery from $9.95. Overnight Delivery also available. For more information please see here.