Specifically formulated for acneic and problem skin, Medik8 betaCleanse is a lightweight, gentle soap-free formula that leaves skin feeling cool, refreshed and thoroughly clean. It removes dirt, oil, impurities and makeup as well as unclogging pores, but without over drying the skin, causing irritation or stripping its natural protective oils.
Medik8 betaCleanse contains a powerful complex of active ingredients, including 2% Salicylic Acid, Niacinamide, L-Mandelic acid, Chlorhexidine Gluconate and Tea Tree Oil. These actives improve the function of the skin and regulate the work of sebaceous glands.
- Salicylic Acid helps the skin to shed dead cells, decreases redness and inflammation, prevents pore-clogging and refines skin texture.
- L-mandelic acid is a unique lipid-soluble alpha hydroxy acid allowing pore-deep cleansing together with Glycolic acid style exfoliation but without the stinging.
- Chlorhexidine Gluconate (included as a preservative) and Tea Tree oil are well known for their numerous antibacterial, antiseptic, antifungal and anti-microbial effects.
- Niacinamide, on the other hand, provides potent anti-inflammatory activity without the risk of inducing bacterial resistance.
Medik8 betaCleanse is Paraben free, SLES free, Perfume free.
- Only gentle surfactants (cleansing agents) are used in betaCleanse to ensure no skin disruption.
- Salicylic acid helps to gently remove the skin cells that are â€˜clogging upâ€™ pores and contributing to outbreaks.
- By removing the most superficial skin layer‚ Salicylic acid allows the other active ingredients to penetrate.
- Niacinamide (vitamin B3 complex) has anti-inflammatory properties and helps regulates the production of sebum.
- Both salicylic acid and nicotinic acid have a keratin-dissolving property to help alleviate sebum blocking the pores.
- L-Mandelic acid is a potent exfoliator but unlike Glycolic acid‚ does not irritate‚ cause erythema or burning.
- L-Mandelic acid also demonstrates antiseptic activity‚ making it suitable for hypersensitive acne-prone skin types.
- Tea Tree oil is an established natural antibacterial agent.
- Chlorhexadine Gluconate (used as a preservative) has innate anti-bacterial action.
Effective yet gentle cleanser for problem skin Review by Roseann
Now in my late twenties, I have regularly suffered from problem skin since my teenage years. I have been actively trying various skincare regimes to control my acne and breakouts in the last six years.
However, even without particularly sensitive skin, I have found many acne-specific products are harsh, irritate and overly dry out my skin, particularly with longer term use. I have been using the Medik8 betaCleanse for over a year now, and my skin has never better - it's clear of acne, barring a few hormonal breakouts each month, and supple and healthy. This gentle foaming cleanser effectively cleanses and reduces breakouts and acne without drying out your skin or leaving you with that 'tight skin' feeling before you go on to apply serums or moisturizers.
I use this product morning and night in the shower, and follow with a Medik8 serum and Medik8 moisturizer. I consider the product range value for money, considering the fact it lasts (a betaCleanse, even used morning and night, easily lasts me a few months), but more importantly, considering it is proving effective at gently managing my acne.
If you have problem skin, I would recommend you try this product, and others in the Medik8 range.
My 11 yr old daughte Review by Shona Marino
My 11 yr old daughter uses this product for her problem skin. It is the only product we have tried that helps clear her skin. We didn't use for a few weeks and her pimples came back. Have been using again for 2 weeks and her skin is clearing up. Definately steer clear of all those clearasil type products always made her skin worse.
FREE SHIPPING ON ALL AUSTRALIAN ORDERS
Express delivery from $9.95. Overnight Delivery also available. For more information please see here.