An intensely hydrating cream enriched with active ingredients and antioxidants to moisturise and protect the skin. Extracts of mallow, ivy and cucumber work to soothe sensitive skin prone to dryness and inflammation. Ubiquinone helps firm and tone the skin reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Use in the morning after toning and applying your favourite serum.
- Gently massage into the face, neck and décolleté in upward circular movements using your fingertips.
- Safe for use around the delicate eye area.
- For best results use daily.
- For an anti-oxidant boost to the skin add a few drops of Africology Anti-Oxidant Serum
- For hormonal skin with dry or sensitive areas, add a few drops of Africology Absolute Rose Serum
- For problematic, reactive skin, add a few drops of Africology Balancing Serum
- For very dry, dehydrated or damaged skin add a few drops of Africology Aloe Ferox Serum or Skin Hydrating Oil
- For tired, stressed, inflamed and reactive skin add a few drops of Africology Vitamin Skin Boost Serum
- Aspalathus linearis (green rooibos) leaf extract - It naturally contains alpha-hydroxy acid, a compound that is beneficial for maintaining healthy skin, and is rich in iron, potassium, copper, manganese, magnesium, calcium, zinc and sodium. It has fantastic antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties. It is useful in treating skin problems such as eczema, nappy rash and acne. It has a soothing effect on the skin.
- Aloe ferox - The leaves contain a gel with a variety of uses which include calming, soothing and hydrating sunburnt, irritated and sensitised skin. It is rich in nutritional and healing compounds and minerals, amino acids, lipids, monosaccharides, phytosterols, vitamins E, B, C & zinc. It has anti-inflammatory properties and aids in reducing scar tissue. It helps in the treatment of psoriasis, eczema, burns and facial oedema. It is a natural astringent and oxygenator (drawing and holding oxygen in the skin), stimulates cell regeneration and helps replenish lost moisture.
- Saccharide isomerate - A natural, plant-derived emollient and water-binding agent. It contains carbohydrates that are similar to those found naturally in the skin. It is difficult to wash off as it binds to the free amino group of lysine in the keratin of the stratum corneum. This makes it an effective moisturiser.
- Squalane - A non-irritating, deeply penetrating oil with good moisturising properties. Although a natural component of human sebum, the production of squalene drastically slows down with ageing, which can contribute to dry skin. Applying squalene topically may help restore the skin’s oil balance. It is an emollient and antioxidant that has the ability to create a barrier between the skin and environment, allowing the skin to better retain moisture while protecting the outer layers. It is non comedogenic, which means it will not clog pores and its antibacterial properties may help reduce the symptoms of acne.
- Ubiquinone (Coenzyme q10) - an antioxidant produced by the body to reduce oxidative damage to cells. It reduces with age and exposure to sun. Applied topically, it penetrates the skin easily to help reduce UV damage and assist cells in building collagen and elastin, thereby minimising the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Its anti-inflammatory action helps calm and soothe sensitive, irritated skin.
- Sclerocarya birrea (marula) seed oil - called “miracle oil,” Rich in antioxidants including vitamin c and e, it helps protect against free radical damage and promotes the production of collagen and elastin. It contains high levels of essential fatty acids, like omegas-6 and -9, that help keep the skin nourished and reduce redness through their anti-inflammatory properties. It is light and quickly absorbed by the skin so won’t clog your pores. It is antimicrobial and non-comedogenic, making it ideal for treating acne blemishes and scarring. It helps keep the skin hydrated by preventing trans-epidermal water loss.
FREE SHIPPING ON ALL AUSTRALIAN ORDERS
Express delivery from $9.95. Overnight Delivery also available. For more information please see here.