Clear, refine and brighten skin naturally with this potent Balancing Serum. It contains key ingredients to soothe reactive skin prone to impurities, inflammation and congestion.
- Use morning and evening after toning and before moisturising.
- Apply 5 drops into the palms of your hands and breathe in the therapeutic aroma of fresh lemon and rosemary.
- Gently massage into the face, neck and décolleté in upward circular movements using your fingertips.
- Avoid the eye area. For best results use daily.
- For heavily congested skin, use in the morning after toning and before moisturising and on its own in the evening after toning.
- Use as a balancing treatment twice a week by adding a few drops to your Africology Exfoliating Cream or Clay Masque.
- Intensive 10-day program for severe congestion:
- Cleanse the skin with Purifying Cleansing Gel morning and evening.
- Tone using Tonic Anti-Reactive morning and evening.
- Apply 5 drops Balancing Serum morning and evening after toning.
- Make sure to leave a few minutes between applying the serum and moisturiser.
- Moisturise in the morning using Africology Moisturiser and in the evening using Africology Night Cream.
- Gently exfoliate using the Exfoliating Cream with 2 drops of balancing serum on days 1, 5 and 9.
- Apply the Clay Masque with 2 drops balancing serum on days 3, 7 and 10.
- Aspalathus linearis (green rooibos) leaf extract - It naturally contains alpha-hydroxy acid, a compound that is beneficial for maintaining healthy skin, and is rich in iron, potassium, copper, manganese, magnesium, calcium, zinc and sodium. It has fantastic antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties. It is useful in treating skin problems such as eczema, nappy rash and acne. It has a soothing effect on the skin.
- Simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed oil - jojoba oil is closely matched to the skin’s own sebum, a waxy substance produced by our sebaceous (oil) glands. It is a light, non-comedogenic oil with excellent emollient, hydrating and anti-inflammatory properties making it ideal for acne-prone, dry and sensitive skin.
- Hypoxis hemerocallidea root extract - also known as African wild potato, it is full of sterols and sterolins which are helpful in the treatment of acne, eczema and psoriasis. It helps boosts the immune system and has powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
- Aloe ferox leaf extract - The leaves contain a gel with a variety of uses which include calming, soothing and hydrating sunburnt, irritated and sensitised skin. It is rich in nutritional and healing compounds and minerals, amino acids, lipids, monosaccharides, phytosterols, vitamins E, B, C & zinc. It has anti-inflammatory properties and aids in reducing scar tissue. It helps in the treatment of psoriasis, eczema, burns and facial oedema. It is a natural astringent and oxygenator (drawing and holding oxygen in the skin), stimulates cell regeneration and helps replenish lost moisture.
- Niacinamide - niacinamide is a derivative of niacin, also known as vitamin B3. Niacin is found in all cells, including skin cells, where it plays an important role in cellular energy production. Applied topically, it has been shown to increase ceramide and fatty free acid levels in the skin which help prevent the skin from losing water and stimulates microcirculation in the dermis. It is a potent ingredient which can help improve skin elasticity, treat uneven skin tone and reduce the signs of ageing.
- Arctium lappa (burdock) root extract - burdock root extract has anti-bacterial and soothing properties which make it beneficial for treating reactive skin prone to impurities, inflammation and congestion. It also helps alleviate scaly skin conditions.
- Salvia officinalis (sage) leaf extract - Sage leaf extract is known to have anti-microbial actions and is used as a cleansing and purifying agent. It has great antioxidant and astringent properties.
- Citrus medica limonum (lemon) fruit extract - lemon oil is a natural astringent that works well to tone the skin. It has anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties and serves as a gentle exfoliator.
- Rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) essential oil - An invigorating oil with excellent astringent properties, it helps remove excess oil from the skin and hair without causing dryness. It stimulates circulation, bringing blood and nutrients to the surface of the skin whilst it’s anti-inflammatory actions help calm inflammation and reduce puffiness. It is antibacterial and antimicrobial which is beneficial to acne prone skin. Its antioxidant properties protect the skin from free radical attack. It is valuable for the treatment of muscular aches and fatigue.
FREE SHIPPING ON ALL AUSTRALIAN ORDERS
Express delivery from $9.95. Overnight Delivery also available. For more information please see here.